The Survey “TOP Employer 2020” will be held in the period from January 13th 2021 until February 23rd at www.topdarbadevejs.lv.
Quotative Research Method is used in the study – this is a survey, conducted in the Internet environment in Latvian, Russian and English.
The main objective of the survey is to determine the most attractive and popular employer in Latvia, for whom the greatest number of people wants to work. As well as to determine leading employers in business sectors and highly rated employers in Latvian regions. TOP 50 employers will be determined in accordance with number of votes being received.
All respondents of the “TOP Employer 2020” Survey, we would like to ask you to name the first employer that comes to mind, by Top-of-Mind principle. TOP 50 employers will be determined in accordance with votes being received. This question will be mandatory for all respondents.
In addition, respondents will be asked optional questions about employers in specific sectors – manufacturing, IT and telecommunications, finance, trade, transport and logistics, as well as catering. This year we have added to the list the international business service centre sector. There is also a TOP for every region to determine the best employers in Kurzeme, Zemgale, Vidzeme, and Latgale.
Every company can enter the TOP 50 list of the best employers in Latvia regardless of the represented industry, number of employees or other criteria; the most important is the top‑of‑mind principle and the number of votes received.
When answering questions about specific sectors and regions, respondents are offered possible options, as well as the opportunity to indicate their favourite employer in case the company is not included in the survey. Companies included in the survey are selected according to the following criteria:
- TOP employers by sectors – trade, IT and telecommunications, finance, production, transport and logistics, catering, as well as by regions – Vidzeme, Zemgale, Kurzeme, Latgale:
- the company ranks among the TOP500 largest companies in Latvia by net turnover and employs at least 50 people (in the last year, for which audited financial data are available according to Firmas.lv data);
- the company’s main activity corresponds to one of the six business sectors, or the company’s head office is located in one of the four regions included in the survey;
- the company is ranked in the top five in the relevant category in the previous year’s TOP Employer survey.
Companies must meet at least two of these criteria.
- TOP employers in the sector – Global business services (GBS)
- the company operates in the sector of international business service centres as a shared service centre, business process outsourcing provider, research and development centre or centre of excellence (according to ABSL Latvia data).